If you are going to apply to Brown University and have no other choice rather than getting accepted, then you need to write an admission essay that will allow you to stand out from the army of other applicants. How to make sure that your admission essay brings you “yes” and nothing other than that? What to focus on when writing an essay to the admission committee? We will answer all these questions further in this post, so keep reading not to miss out anything special about sending an application to Brown.
Brown university motivation essay - basic features
Writing a motivational essay when applying to Brown University often confuses students. What information to write in a motivation essay? How to write it according to all the rules and persuade the admission community that you are the best candidate? These are some of the questions that those applying to Brown university have.
Although admission essay writing is associated with the creativity of the applicant, there are still some formal rules to be followed. By taking care of the paper content, structure, formatting, and messaging, you can deliver a motivation letter that will impress any admission committee. Unsure to be able to deliver a winning application essay yourself? No problem - assign this task to dedicated writers who will take care of your academic excellence!
Brown University admission essay structure
The classic motivation essay is divided into three major parts (check application essay examples to get inspired):
- The introduction;
- The body;
- and the conclusion.
Pay special attention to writing the introduction and conclusion of your admission essay. Thus, you will make sure that the most critical information is best remembered by the committee and helps you make the right first impression.
All three parts of a motivational essay should be logically structured. In order for your text to be interesting and informative, it should contain answers to the following questions:
- How and why did you become interested in a particular and the faculty you are applying to?
- How can you demonstrate your interest in studying in Brown?
- Why did you choose this particular institution?
- What career prospects are you considering after graduating from the university?
- Have you had to overcome difficult situations and obstacles (financial, social, physical) to achieve your goals?
- What skills and personal qualities do you have and can employ when studying at Brown University?
- What are your achievements and experience?
- How do you show the strengths of your personality in life?
- What should make a person who reads hundreds of such essays daily remember you?
As you can see, a good admission essay is by no means a short text consisting of several thematic parts. A truly winning piece should cover both the student’s story about himself and his strengths, as well as an explanation of why he chooses this particular faculty and university.
How to start a motivation essay for Brown University?
It is best to start a prompt motivation essay with a brief presentation about yourself:
- Present data on your previous education and area of interest;
- Draw up a short summary of your achievements (publications, participation in conferences, methodological work);
- Outline your future goals.
Just like it comes with the recommendation letter, all these will help the admission committee understand who they are dealing with. Further, it is necessary to reflect the main idea of your writing - why you are applying to Brown and why you want to study on a specific faculty. This logic of presenting the case will help you convey your message best.
How to explain why Brown?
Another important element of a motivation essay to Brown University is the rationale for choosing it. The admission committee should understand what exactly the applicant appreciates in the educational institution and why he has chosen Brown University among other available options. To make this section constructive and logically connected to the entire text, you need to familiarize yourself with the description of the master's program you have chosen, its curriculum, and all the features of Brown University.
It is these points that are crucial in the analysis of the motivation essay; therefore, pay special attention to this type of data if you want to pass admissions committee with ease. Of course, the format of a motivation essay is also of some importance: it should have a formal style, be written in classic black font. It is also recommended to use font highlighting of important information in the text so that the reader doesn’t spend time searching for it.
Why Brown University?
Brown University has recently become one of the thirty leading US universities. It is no wonder - there are a number of reasons why education in Brown can help build a successful career. Take a look at the list to prepare good reasoning of why you strive for comprehensive personal growth and self-development in Brown.
- Brown University is considered one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the United States; it has a rich academic tradition. Engineering, biology, mathematics, and physics are considered the best in Brown.
- The University has a high rating in education in such fields as Life Sciences and Medicine, Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technology, Social Sciences and Management, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science. It is also included in the top universities in the direction of “Art and Humanities.”
- Brown University is regularly recognized as one of the best universities in terms of education quality.
- At Brown University, special attention is paid to sporting events. Among the most developed sports that are worth highlighting are baseball, sailing, English football and other team sports.
- Like other universities of the Ivy League, Brown has rich student traditions - from a freshman gathering to large-scale dance events and competitions on campus.
- Every year since 1960, Brown Weekend music concerts have been held in Brown, featuring popular musicians and bands. In addition, the tradition of holding noisy annual student parties has formed in the 2000s.
Impressed? Already working on a Brown admission essay? Hold on for a second - start it with a draft that you can fix at a later time or entrust this task to real professionals of admission essay writing. We will do our best that you land a “yes” from the admission committee. Let’s check it together!